*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606951-Float
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#606951 added September 13, 2008 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Float
Today I got to work and found out that I was being floated. Which means if the floor you work on doesn't need you and another floor does, you get sent there. I got sent to PCU to do what we call a "one to one" which means you are sitting with a patient that needs constant observation. More often than not the patients aren't all that rowdy as you would believe. Right now I am at work, sitting in my patients room while she sleeps. I'm watching CNN about Ike, which for the last 3 1/2 hours I've been here is all I've heard about.

I'm at work, watching t.v and surfing the internet. And getting paid.

Randi is supposed to be induced on Tuesday. Early in the morning. I work Wednesday but I took the next week off so I could have baby time. So, I don't know how often this stupid blog gets read but if you are reading this I ask of you a small favor: Please keep your fingers crossed that Randi delivers on Tuesday and not Wednesday. I won't be able to get out of work that day and missing the birth of my niece would be heartbreaking. Also, while you're at it...just pray...or whatever it is you do....that the baby is healthy and that Randi have a swift and painless as possible delievery....I realize the magnitude of that last request but honestly...she's going to be a nightmare to be around.

I so love her.

Waiting to meet my niece,

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2008 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606951-Float