*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/616410-Rant
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#616410 added November 3, 2008 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
Rant
I'm thrilled that the time has changed. I no longer have to leave for work in the pitch-black darkness. At 6:45 AM it's actually broad daylight! As opposed to narrow daylight, I suppose.

I'm going to another school Wednesday to observe how they do things. My principal isn't having a problem with me, I don't think - she just got through bragging on me Friday, which gave me the big head - she just knows that this is my first year, and I need to get with somebody more experienced in the ways of Jackson Public Schools. Which is fine with me. I get to cut classes - the ones I'm supposed to teach! *Smirk*

I gave my 5th graders 9 million questions on the fifty states today. I asked one of them the other day if he wanted to be just as dumb when he left the library as he had been when he came in. He was whining about having too much schoolwork to do. Then I went into what I call my "Rant Number 33." This is the one about the fact that they get 13 years of free schooling - counting kindergarten - and they don't take advantage of it. They just want to slide through putting forth as little effort as possible. If it sunk into any of their brains, I couldn't tell.


© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/616410-Rant