*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641082-Light-and-Darkness-A-Working-Title
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#641082 added March 18, 2009 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Light and Darkness: A Working Title
‘Idál (Justice), 17 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 165 BE – Wednesday, March 18, 2009 about 1:06 PM Pacific Time

"In the beginning was only darkness," Linda's voice echoed from the Botany Bay's metal wall. "Not even the lights of stars were seen in all the material universe. Only in the spiritual universe did light exist because the spiritual universe was illuminated by the Creator." Linda smiled as the children gathered around her waiting for her to continue.

"Because the angels hadn't been created yet, God was lonely. He didn't like being alone, so God proclaimed Be and light was born in the material universe."

"Why," ask Ginny, the most precocious child on the ship, "do you call God He? I thought God was a spirit and had no gender."

"Ginny, we refer to God as male because all the prophets we know of were male, but women gave birth to them."

"Oh, all right," Ginny's brow knotted.

NOTE: This is going to be a creation story. This is as far as I've gotten. The Botany Bay is an interstellar prison ship and the children are those of the cargo and crew. Linda is a robot and has the duty of overseeing the instruction of the children on the ship. Ginny was born to one of the prisoners, but her father is a crewmember.



© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641082-Light-and-Darkness-A-Working-Title