*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651392-im-grown
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shyly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1563702
child's play is overrated
#651392 added May 24, 2009 at 4:46am
Restrictions: None
i'm grown
Her mom and Jones family had made a big deal about her, they’d fawned over her so much so as to get on her nerve.  She was happy her mom was happy, she’d always wanted a big family, but Jones’s family was like extra big.  Kids ran all over the place, the older people were busy talking, she’d stayed for a while, chatter them up and after seeing that they weren’t about to get tired, she decided to step out, and who was out but Shane.  She walked towards him.


         “So when did you start smoking?” she asked, he didn’t look surprised to see her.


         “A year and 6 months ago”


         “5 months, 2 weeks to be exact” she said


         “Been keeping count?”


         “No more than you” he threw the cigarette stepping on it, “That’s bad for you…”


         “I don’t need another lect…”


         “Let me get one?”


         “What?”


         “Can I get a smoke” she smiled widely, he gave her one but refused to have him light it, “I don’t wanna smoke it, I just want it, it’s from you after all…”


         “Why are you doing this?”


         “Guess who I talked to? You girlfriend”


         “Fiancée” he said tightly


         “Right, fiancée, totally forgot that big shocker” she frowned


         “What are you up to?”


         “So did you tell your fiancée about last night, I mean you did have your tongue down my throat”


         “You weren’t exactly struggling…”


         “Am not the one engaged sweetie…”


         “Boyfriend?”


         “Taken a break, a one year, 5 months, 2 weeks break” she smiled, he kept quiet, “I needed to think” she said quietly


         “About what?”


         “About us…”


         “Dona…”


         “Whether you agree or not, there was an us before we even knew it, there was an us when were in diapers” she laughed “just not in the same context, you don’t wanna marry her Shane” she said


         “You don’t know what I want, if you knew what I wanted, you would have known I didn’t want you to have sex with my brother”


         “I knew that…I blame it on me being scared and taken the coward’s way out”


         “What are you talking about?”


         “I don’t know…but I don’t want to take the coward’s way out anymore” she turned to him, looking up, “I didn’t want to admit back then, you know Shane, a couple of months, a year can make the biggest difference in someone”


         “Don’t…”


         “I have to, when you decide to go away this time, I want you to go knowing that I love you, not just as the girl you knew when we were kids, or the one you went to college with, but as a women Shane, I love you” she swallowed, turned around and tried walking away, he held her hand.


         “You know what happened the last time you tried to keep me from leaving” she smiled shyly.


         “I wouldn’t mind cause I love you too Dona” he held her hand to his face…


         “But you’re still goanna marry her” the fact that he looked away was all the answer she needed, she pulled free, “Then congratulations to you both, I guess she must think I don’t like her” she wiped tear from her face, “I’ll try, I’ll try to be nice to her” she chocked out and ran away…was that taken the coward’s way out?


© Copyright 2009 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651392-im-grown