*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652747-Day-25--500-Words-
by Boo
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#652747 added June 2, 2009 at 6:43am
Restrictions: None
Day 25 / 500 Words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 570


Your honor I think I am done with this witness. The courtroom could hardly believe their ears, as officer Mason step down. And his partner officer Wilcox. As the he told how him and his partner went to the Locker home on many occasions and Mr. Locker seemed fine to him most of the time.

When Sarah Locker's got up you could see a change come over officer Locker as if he were about ready for anything yet on the defensive side. And then the first question, Are you married? Yes sir, do you hit on your wife. What? Answer the question please, No sir I do not hit my wife.
If I were to call her to the stand would she say you do not hit her under oath? He looked at Sarah's lawyer as if he were thinking over that question, well I might I hit her a time or two but nothing to bad sir.

Did you try to help Sarah Locker or do you think she deserved what she got? I tried to help and no I don't think she deserved it. How well do you know your partner? Pretty well sir. How long have you been partners? Fifteen years. Tell me one time you actually help Mrs. Locker. We let her fill out some paper work in her own home. What happen to the papers? I don't know sir they should be in the system? Really? Know one seems to have papers you claim of officer Wilcox. Want to tell this court what happen to the papers? I don't know sir. Who took the papers from Mrs. Locker? I did then where are those papers cause we would all love to see them. I turned them in sir and when they are out of my hands I have no control.

Your honor I would like to know where these papers are the court has a right to see them and it will have both officers names on the document. The honorable judge told officer Wilcox that he had tell the truth or he would be in contempt of his courtroom which would be fifteen days in the slammer. Officer Wilcox insistanced that he did not know where the paper work is.

Then Sarah's lawyer ask him if he could see his folder and he handed it over as if it meant nothing to him and three pages back to the last paper set those papers he claimed he turned in but there they were and Sarah's lawyer pulled them out and said do you mean these papers sir? That is my copy! No sir these are the papers and not copies. He handed them to the honorable judge who had the baliffe give them to the prosecutor. There was even more silence in the courtroom.

Sarah could believe it as she had been living through it all with no help and no where to go and trap in this place that no one seemed to care anything about. She felt relieved in some strange way but never once smiled. She always looked at the lawyer that was up or down at the desk never any where else, except for when she first entered the courtroom she looked for her Mom and kids.

© Copyright 2009 Boo (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Boo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652747-Day-25--500-Words-