*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661019-Quick-Dont-think--What-do-you-love
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#661019 added July 28, 2009 at 5:18am
Restrictions: None
Quick! Don't think! What do you love?
I was listening to Waking the Dead by John Eldredge on my iPod when he said to stop listening and think. Think about all the things you love and I thought of all of these things. Real life is too real sometimes (especially right now) and it’s good to count your blessing.





I love God.


I love that he loves me in spite of my flaws. Maybe He doesn’t see them. God monitors black holes across the galaxies but still cares about me and the sparrow. (Luke12:6-7)


I marvel that He cared enough about me to want to know what it was like to be me. He became man to know my fears, my sorrows and my joys. I have a God and Savior who can truly empathize. (Hebrews 4:15)





I love my husband.


I love that he is a man’s man. Former military, he loves hunting, fishing and guns. He’s not a know nothing jar head either.  He reads. He loves spy novels, history, economics and politics. I love how he takes care of me. He makes me feel very female and very beautiful.





I love my work.


I love the babies, watching their personalities unfold. I love taking care of the families. The process from fear to awe to “When is he coming home?!” is amazing. I love working with my fellow nurses and being part of a team. Some days just flow when the team is “on.”





I love reading.


To disappear into a well crafted story is the ultimate magic. I want to be the solver of riddles, the warrior princess or the one who lives the adventure with her hero.





I love poetry


But not the ornate flowery kind. I love using everyday words that show extraordinary emotions or stories or humor.








I love writing.


I love a well turned phrase and when the words flow, it’s magic. I love puns and irony. The right word in the right place and time bring me to my knees or raise me to the heavens. I love touching someone with my stories or poem. I love when God lets the words flow so fast that I can hardly keep up with it. Digging for just the right word is a special moment too.





This is simple and off the cuff, (well it was when it was scratches in my notebook) but that doesn’t make it less true.


I will wrap this up by saying I would be interested in reading what you love and why.









beach signature of my name

© Copyright 2009 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661019-Quick-Dont-think--What-do-you-love