*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672882-Its-that-time-of-the-semester
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Mary
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #1608788
My First Experience Blogging
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#672882 added October 22, 2009 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
It's that time of the semester...
for endless amounts of homework! We've had our midterm exams so now we're getting into the juiciest but not necessarily most fun part of the semester: papers and projects galore! Being a journalism major, with an emphasis on print, and an English minor, I love to write and always have. But honestly, I just don't want to write a 10-page paper about Barack's opinion on abortion, even if I can start right now in order to have it completed by the due date at the end of the semester, which is sometime in mid December. Why is it that professors feel the need to make students write such long papers and complete projects such as reading a chapter out of a book and then being in charge of teaching the entire class about that chapter? I suppose it builds character and helps us learn our stuff, to put it quite simply. But college students are busy people running between classes, campus activities and jobs, not to mention all the partying that goes on. It gets tough to keep up with everything and do a bang-up job at everything we do. I'm not sympathizing with anyone who has time to party but not do homework, but I am in the minority of people who do NOT go out every chance I get and get completely sloshed and make all kinds of stupid decisions only to wake up with a hangover the next morning. I think that is ridiculous behavior and there is so much more to life than alcohol. On the other hand, there is so much more than oodles of homework as well. So, now that I've vented for today, I'm going to pick up my red pen once again and finish correcting my classmate's 10 page fiction story for my creative writing class. Then I will correct the other 8 papers I have to do.

© Copyright 2009 Mary (UN: farmermary at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mary has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672882-Its-that-time-of-the-semester