*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673135-Sealed---Amelie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · War · #1611543
A story based in the holocaust. The Jewish camps and such in WW2.
#673135 added October 24, 2009 at 4:30pm
Restrictions: None
Sealed - Amelie
The letter sat on my desk; I already knew what it would say, either one of two options. That is unless they lied. I made the decision the day I saw my own twin being beaten. If the letter said the truth, that I do have a twin, they had told me the truth. If I was the one adopted, I would go to the camp with her. I would get the luxury treatment. I trust her. I knew that what she said was the truth. On the other hand, if she was adopted into a Jewish family, that would mean she is just like me and I could tell Sehr that. Try to get her out of that place. So I lifted up the letter reading;

Amelie Shniter,
Burchand Farmhouse,
Auschwitz-Birkenau
ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20
32-603 Oswiecim
Polska
I put my finger under the hole on the side of the top of the envelope. I ran it across, ripping the paper to reveal the white paper inside. I pulled it out carefully. Then flicked it open. And begun to read what I had been anticipating and dwelling on for an entire week.

Dearest Amelie,
Your father and I have thought long and hard about telling you this. We have come to the conclusion that you deserve the truth. We adopted you from a family a few towns away. They were a small family that had just had a pair of  twins. Their first children. I was unable to have children, I had just discovered at the time. I desperately wanted children and was beginning to go mad in your father’s eyes. Your father did something sinister. He was the doctor that assisted in delivering you and the other girl. When their mother had just given birth and was too exhausted, he took one of the girls. You.
I am sorry you had to find out this way, but we do love you too much to hurt you.
But your father must never know of this. And of myself telling you.
Love you.
Mother.

After I got over the initial shock, I was left with one option after reading that unbelievable letter. I was to go to the camp. I was to live with my only sister. I went to the kitchen where Sehr sat at the table. I didn’t know how I was going to do this. But I knew I had to. Nikolas and the others had left without me today because I wasn’t going with them anywhere, anymore. I was too sick.
I took a deep breath and walked closer. Standing on the opposite side of the table then Sehr.
‘Sehr,’ I whimpered, gripping the letter tight.
‘Yes, Amelie. How can I help you?’ He looked up at me.
‘May I tell you something?’
‘Yes. Off course, dear. What is it?’
‘I am…’ I paused. ‘I am…Jewish.’ I whimpered, trying to get it out as quickly as possible. He looked me up and down, with a look of distaste and also disbelief.
‘Don’t be absurd. You are not that. You are a civilized German. Your family has been checked. I wouldn’t have one stay in my house.’
‘But may I show you this.’ I passed the letter over the table. He read it and his eyes widened. Then looked at me with a look of anger. ‘This does not mean that you are a Jew. It doesn’t say that at all. The only way you could be is if the family was Jewish.’
‘There is a girl in the camp over there. One of the ones that come to work here. She is my…twin.’ I looked at him in fear as his expression grew as I spoke.
‘How dare you!’ He stood up, the chair creaked on the floor walking so close to my face, I could smell the coffee in his breath. ‘Come to my house! Meet my son! You filthy Jew! And I tell you now, your mother is a Jew sympathizer for having you!’ He slapped me on the face, then I was taken over to the place. He ordered a guard, through his disgust. Then I wondered again, why did I say I was? Oh, yes. To save my twin sister.


Please Read, Review and Rate!! 

CASSANDRA!!

And please also read my other stories too.
© Copyright 2009 Cassiandra (UN: cassiandra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cassiandra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673135-Sealed---Amelie