*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673149-The-Camp---Amelie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · War · #1611543
A story based in the holocaust. The Jewish camps and such in WW2.
#673149 added October 24, 2009 at 4:45pm
Restrictions: None
The Camp - Amelie
I woke up the following morning with the sun lingering on my face. The day after I had arrived, I had got to know the family more and spent the day around the house meeting them. Today, being my second, I assumed we would be going out and seeing the area.
I pulled myself up. I was beginning to think that this place may not be so bad. Fun, maybe. The girl who was here with me, Abigail, was nice. The boys names were Pius and Rafael. They seemed as nice as Nicolas. Friendly people who I knew, that if I got to know them, we would be great friends. And like Nikolas said, there is nobody else here.
‘Hello there, Abigail.’ I said with a smile. As I saw her eyes peek open.
‘Good morning.’ She muttered and rolled out of bed. I sat up strait. Abigail had a certain glow about her. Just from her appearance, you could tell that she was a curious and friendly girl. About my age. Blonde hair and extremely out-going.
‘What to do today?’ I smiled.
‘We might have to ask Nikolas.’
‘Come on then.’ I strolled out of the room and she followed. They were standing in the hallway.
‘Hello, ladies.’ One of them smiled. The tall, dark haired one with hazel eyes and a chubby-thin face.
‘Hello, Rafael.’ I greeted him. ‘And Pius.’ The shorter one with blonde hair and blue eyes was Pius. He gave me a piercing look. He was a lot like Nikolas in a way. I starred him right back. Nikolas come up the hallway and looked at our starring, then dismissed it.
‘Well, come on. You don’t want to be stuck in the house.’ He in-sighted and we followed him down the stairs and out the front. It was nice. A nice little garden, trees, the whole country-side scene. It was beautiful, really. We walked out the tall iron gate and into the long grass patches. Then we went into the woods close by. Nikolas was leading us. We walked for miles and then he stopped at the clearing and looked out, over the hills. As I reached it, I saw why he stopped. The hill was high and there was a slope that went strait to the ground.
‘We have to go now.’ Nikolas breathed. Turning back. I continued to look.
At the bottom of the slope, there were barbed wire fences and huts. It was a massive place. There were three areas of buildings and huts and a main building where trucks were arriving with a red cross sign printed on them. It looked to be an entrance. An entrance to hell, maybe. I could see people in working uniforms. They looked horrid. Working away. I could even see that there was nothing to these people. They were skin on bone. That is a horrible sight. I saw people falling. Guards kicking them. I saw guards pushing their breakfast out of their tiny hands. You could see everything. The entire disgusting view.
Nikolas sighed. Noticing that he did not have any followers. ‘That is the camp.’
‘Aren’t they supposed to be playing games and things?’ I asked innocently. They looked so nice in the media. In the newspapers there were pictures of happy people in these camps. Smiling. Playing. Happy kids that were not at all malnourished. They had hair, too.
‘Games? They are dirt, Amelie.’ He stood inches from my face in anger, just like yesterday, but less intimidating. ‘They don’t deserve leisure. Our families are the ones who are making this land great. We deserve games. They are not even classed as people…Pitiful.’ He spat with his words and I looked up at him, just as everyone else did. I couldn’t comprehend what he just said. I could see that with my own eyes. They were people. No matter what he, or anyone says.
‘Can you go any closer?’ Abigail asked in curiosity as we all stared at his remark.
‘Why would you want to?’ Nikolas barked with the same intensity.
‘To…see the camp. I have never seen one before.’ Abigail answered.
‘It is not just a camp. It is a...’ Nikolas trailed off. I already knew. Germany hated Jews. It was for Jews, the mortal enemy of our country. It just made me more anxious to go closer and see it up close.
‘Come on, its going to rain.’ Nikolas pronounced, looking up at the sky. He had lost the burst of anger. Then we begun walking through the bush. What a great birthday, seeing that horrible place.          
When the rain finally broke through, there was a mixture of smell in the air as we reached the house. It smelt like the fresh smell of rain and…what seemed to be…burning…


Please Read, Review and Rate!! 

CASSANDRA!!

And please also read my other stories too.
© Copyright 2009 Cassiandra (UN: cassiandra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cassiandra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673149-The-Camp---Amelie