*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675276-Writing-about-someone-I-just-met-Adelaide
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#675276 added November 8, 2009 at 3:03am
Restrictions: None
Writing about someone I just met: Adelaide.
*Leaf4* NaNoWriMo

At Bernice's I met Adelaide who was sitting with two Mah Jongg friends; I told them about BotG and mentioned they may show up in a story... well after talking to Erin, who I didn't know either, who knew Adelaide as an artist of alpaca yarn, I wrote "Color Work". What's up with that, you say? I meet you for the first time and two hours later you get a short story? Damn, I'm good! *Laugh*

Went to The Break and wrote more. I also entered two more on-line. What a pain! But, after writing 4 pieces today, I'm up to 29 total (new) and prolly over 15k. Not bad. At this rate I just might make it.

"Blood of the Garlic: asymmetrical and Stiggles both asked me about my NaNo name. I responded to Stiggles (edited):

I'm not on the official NaNo site. Should I be?

I'm listed here at WdC though. I'm waaaaaay down the list. I'm officially at 4,790 words (now 6,893) as that is how much I've entered and done word count for.

My compilation of short stories is called "Blood of the Garlic". I started it a couple years ago. Need to find those old stories and enter/edit/do-word-count too! They won't count for NaNo, but they need to be organized and since my stories are character driven I need to reread them just to remind me of some of my character's quirks.

I'm mostly writing short stories, a retelling of an incident as it were (most are written in the past tense... not all). I've written 3 "letters to a vampire" and will do about 10 "interviews with a vampire" as my narrator is a "journalist". I'm also working up vampire jokes that will be incorporated into certain stories and/or act as an addendum. Same with "Virtues for Vampires".

If I do a "book" it may end up in the style of a scrap book. *Laugh*

*Leaf4* Sport Gnu's:

In an answer to Z.˚rz regarding unsportsmanlike conduct in a UNM/BYU soccer game (edited):

By-the-way. Montana is so proud of it's program it thinks it's better than 1AA. Today at 8-0 they played at Idaho State who at 0-9 shouldn't have been a problem. The Grizz only won by a last second field goal 12-10. So much for being mighty! The #1 Spiders of Richmond lost 20-21 to #4 Villanova, but hey... there will be those who will be pissed off if UM isn't the new #1. With a weak schedule (afraid to play good teams?) and an attitude of privilege... "we deserve it", I won't weep if they don't get it.

*Leaf4* Thou:

Hurricane Ida is headed for the gulf and strengthening. Areas between NOLa and Tampa might be in for a rough ride before Tuesday.

I've decided that I need to go down the NaNoer list and send e-mails! Also... must re-learn how to use the telephone. *Bigsmile*

Special Kay asked about first memories. I've shared this before, but I responded: "Greensleeves" I believe playing in the back bedroom. Probably after my parents switched bedrooms around and put us in the front one. "Ombra mai fu" playing on the radio. Saturday or Sunday, my dad sitting in the overstuffed green chair by the front door in the living room reading the paper, sunlight coming though venetian blinds.

*Leaf4* Me and Mine:

Me? I ate. I slept. I... nah, more than that would be TMI ...and boring. My life is focused on writing for this month, I'm afraid to say. No fun for me.

*Leaf4* Montana: 31º in Missoula at midnight.
56,702 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675276-Writing-about-someone-I-just-met-Adelaide