*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688296-I-Think-Its-About-Forgiveness
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#688296 added February 22, 2010 at 12:20pm
Restrictions: None
I Think It's About 'Forgiveness'........
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Well...I think I'm going to touch on something that might be somewhat sticky. A friend asked if I would place answers to questions out here...I sort of am not quite sure what questions she is speaking of...does she mean replies to comments on my blog site, or does she mean answers to questions that come into my mailbox here?! When I hear from her again, I must get that answer. So, until I get that answer, I thought that I would share a few here.....
A question came into my email that goes, "Summer, why are the Indian people so angry still? This all happened in the past what the whites did to them."
My answer to that is this...No matter how you may look at death and your ancestors gone on, it is my belief and the belief of the Elders, that our ancestors live on through us. No matter what race you are, it can not be denied, and so you carry that anger for them. The key is 'forgiveness'. The question that comes to my mind, however, is can we forgive what most people feel, is unforgivable? Personally, it's hard but if Jesus' life taught us anything, it is about 'love and forgiveness.' Now I know that is a Christian example, but he surely was a good example, and I can't think of a better example than that. Can you?
Another question that came to my email goes, "are you a christian, spiritual or what?
My answer...Can I not be both, Christian and Spiritual? I mean, I do believe that Jesus the Christ was the greatest prophet that walked this earth, so I guess that makes me somewhat Christian even if Jesus himself did not start Christianity. He was a Jew. He proclaimed himself to be a Jew. Christianity came later, but if I got it right, Christianity was founded on his beliefs, so if believing he was a great prophet, and believing in what he taught makes me a Christian, than okay...label me that too! I believe we derive from the same Tree and that we should love one another. Just a note here...*The Creator did not make religions, people did.
Then a question recently..."why don't you go to church? you won't be accepted into the gates of heaven if you don't.
My answer to that was actually answered in a blog entry, but as a thought added from a conversation I had just yesterday with my dear friend Sammy. He said it quite well, in that, if we hold "Compassion" in our heart, then why is it necessary to go to some building called a 'church' to pray? Btw...if anyone has any reason why, please let me know, as this is still an ongoing conversation through email and between my friend and I over the phone when we get to talk.

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688296-I-Think-Its-About-Forgiveness