*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693157-Equality-For-All
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#693157 added April 14, 2010 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
Equality For All!.......
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Everything really is equal.
The Creator doesn't look at me
any better than He looks at the trees.
We're all the same.

~Janice Sundown Hattet, SENECA

I got through the last two weeks with working an extra job to just get myself back in front here, when reality hit me and I realized I need to pack because the cabin has been put up for sale. *Sad* I had to get with the packing for my own self, thus the reason for my absence in the past few days.
I guess it was sometime last week, however, after I finished my second job for the last time, and I was driving home in snow that had been falling throughout the Black Hills here. I swear, it can be 70 one day, and a blizzard the next! *Laugh*...I saw ahead of me the driver sort of hit his brakes quick, and I saw a young deer run towards the woods on my right...with the mother falling behind and she dropped on the side of the road. She was trying so hard to get up, the young deer child was waiting by the forest edge looking at its mother...almost like saying. "Mom, I don't want to leave you." I got up close enough and pulled over...she was really trying to get herself up...The baby looked at me and ran into the woods but within view of me and it's mother, as I kneeled down and tried to comfort the mother by stroking her and talking to her. I phoned the police..didn't know who else to phone and upon arriving she had become calm enough...don't really know if she just was sooooo tired of struggling or if it were my comforting her...but when the trooper had arrived, She gave a bit of a struggle again and became calm. I told the police officer what I witnessed....the driver in the car ahead of me, either didn't see the deer or just thought it would pass before he got up on it...I had seen it crossing. Sometimes people daydream and all of a sudden something happens like this. Regardless, the car didn't stop, but as the trooper said, it didn't damage the vehicle enough obviously so that may be a good sign for the mother because her wounds may not be so serious internally. Regardless, he called a veternary clinic that deals with these sort of things...help was on the way. I thought, in my mind that perhaps he would have just taken his gun out and shot it, but instead he offered to help. They tranquilized the young deer and the mother and brought them to the clinic, and then I am told they will go to a refuge for rehabilitation or until the mother is well enough to be released.
I actually attempted to write of this in this blog after it had happened, but my anger would have showed of that other driver who just kept driving on. The thought ran through my mind that this person obviously didn't think the deers life was worth stopping for...Instead, man thinks he is the center of the universe...that he is superior and holds worth while an animal or other part of nature isn't. I am here to share with anyone today that we all come from the same root...we are all equal in the eyes of the Creator. Your worth, nor the worth of that animal or tree is not established by another human, but by the Creator.
There are laws we must live by...and no man has made them...they are 'spiritual' laws. These are the laws that all life must go by. Even the plants and animals live by this. In order to understand these spiritual laws...we must understand 'spirituality'...the best way to understand it, is living it!!! Just my thought shared today. Wishing you peace in your moments given! *Heart*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693157-Equality-For-All