*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693260-These-DaysHmm
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#693260 added April 15, 2010 at 1:18pm
Restrictions: None
These Days......Hmm
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Please don't confront me with my failures
I'm aware of them.

~These Days(song written by Jackson Browne)

Thought to take some time from things here. I was looking over some blogs when I saw Ask for what you want 's blog with mention of the song from which I just quoted above.
I remember way back now when I was living in a 'fantasy' world...meaning I was living a life that most would just dream of, the jolt I had in my life. You see, I made the difficult decision to divorce my 'then' husband, and since money was his 'god'..I left, what some would call a cushy life. It was then I came to realize that once I gave up a comfortable lifestyle complete with limos, yachts and houses all over, including the Virgin Islands, that those who called themselves my friend, seemed to have abandoned ship. I realized that in truth, my true friends were not many, but I was lucky enough to count them on one hand. Sad to really come to that realization, but it was a 'truth' I had to recognize. I learned from that and I am thankful for the lesson.
So when Joe, The Asking Boy placed that song out this day on his blog, it brought to mind what I know in my heart to be a truth even though it held something a little different for him.... for me, it serves as a reminder that in tough times those who were there with you when you were on top, quickly abandon ship once they see it sinking. And so these days...I keep very few close...I can't say I have any enemies, but if I did...I'd keep them even closer. *Wink* And as another thought this day...it's amazing to me how so many will be quick to point out your weaknesses, but never give you praise for your strong points...whether that be a friend or family.
Here's wishing you beauty in your day there!!! May you always have 'enough'. *Heart*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~ And 'Thanks Joe' for making my song choice today! *Delight*
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693260-These-DaysHmm