*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694369-A-Hero
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#694369 added April 27, 2010 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
A Hero.....?
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Don’t ask what the world needs.
Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

~ Howard Thurman

Finally got the opportunity to bring my guests to Mt. RushNoMore! Ironically, we were over at Laura's last night and what comes on the television, but America, The Story Of Us..It was on the History Channel. As we sat there, I heard my friend Susan say with a smile, "I am soooo proud to be an American...Look at how hard we struggled to get where we are?" I didn't say anything...Chad chimed in, "That George Washington was a smart man...he was a great leader." I didn't say anything...but what I wanted to say(and if any of you really get a chance to view it...please do) was,that what this story, so far confirms is that without the Indians of this continent...those who came here, never would have made it. What I wanted to say was this country was founded by thieves, smugglers, and deception. I say this not to offend anyone, but read between the lines when you view it. It shows Jamestown being settled and farmed by a thief who stole the tobacco that was grown there. Let's see...there was John Hancock who smuggled wine and other things into the Boston Harbor there, and Good ol' George Washington who is known for not telling a lie, but he was the biggest deceiver...He had the biggest spy ring going, which helped him to defeat the Brits. I found irony with the people who settled in Plymouth, who had escaped from religous persecution, yet to get what they needed from the Indians, they agreed to kill another Indian tribe who had done nothing to them, and on top of it all...looked at Native people as heathens because they did not worship as they did, and so sought to shove the word of God down their throat and become like them. Did you knowww that it wasn't until 1978, that the Native people of this country called America were actually allowed to practice freely their beliefs(what some call 'religion')...I honestly thought it was 1972, but when I looked it up, it was 1978. My memory must be fading...(blame it on getting old, I guess). *Rolleyes* But well...getting back to these founding fathers...they were are known as 'heroes'. I guess they can be seen this way by some.
Do you want to know who I think is a hero? That man who ran to the rescue of the woman that was being attacked, and he was left to die after being stabbed by the attacker. He laid there dying, while people walked by. Sad how this man attempted without fear, to help another human being, but noone bothered to help him(instead one passerby snaps a picture of him with his cell phone and walks on) and because of this selfishness by others...he died.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/stabbed-hero-left-die-10475802
Well...I am sure many will not remember this...it was actually difficult for me to find this story to share, so I am guessing it isn't as important as who was the latest hussy in Tiger Woods life?...I guess, Ralph Waldo Emerson was right when he said:
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.

Wishing you peace in your moments given~ *Heart*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~ Beautiful message within this song.
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694369-A-Hero