*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699918-June-23-1-Petroleum-MegaGiant-Disaster--239wc
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#699918 added June 23, 2010 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
June 23 #1 Petroleum MegaGiant Disaster 239wc
Well, Gentle Readers, I, who have not cried over my personal life since probably July 1979, sat in front of my computer yesterday afternoon weeping bitter and painful tears over the burning alive of sea turtles, those indefatigable creatures who battle wind, waves, nature, and natural predators to climb beaches, lay their eggs, and “hope for the best.” Now they are reportedly being concealed from researchers and environmental workers; trapped within containment lines, and burnt alive during the Petroleum Megagiant's “Controlled Burns.” (And who came up with the not-brilliant idea of burning spilled oil anyway? Haven't we had enough destructive examples of that in Wartimes?)





Just when I thought we had learned the worst, tons of new information (including the above) has come forth. The New Orleans judge who decided the Oil Giants should get to resume their profits from environmental destruction and allowed offshore drilling (hello? This is how we got to this point!) is hand-in-stock with Big Petroleum. The New York Times reports (I cited the link in June 22 #2) that the long-term effects are meta-disastrous for sea life. The so-called “most progressive” nation on this planet-the U.S.-has performed NO toxicity studies on the dispersant chemical-yet other countries have-AND BANNED IT.





And people wonder why I alternate between speechlessness, and wild raving. May God truly help this Planet because humans, once given the stewardship of it, are surely determined to destroy it all.






http://www.alternet.org/story/147293/four_possible_bp-style_extreme_energy_night...

© Copyright 2010 Cobwebs-In-Space Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebs-In-Space Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699918-June-23-1-Petroleum-MegaGiant-Disaster--239wc