*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728236-Birthday-Call
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#728236 added July 8, 2011 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
Birthday Call
Prompt:. Since today is my birthday, my prompt is this: If you could give yourself a call on a past birthday of yours, what would you tell yourself?

Prompt given by: Lonewolf is 30 today!


Okay, so here's how the birthday call would probably go. Let's say it's my 16th birthday. I'm 42 now. Do the math - i'm too tired to figure out how long ago that was.

Younger Me: Hello?

Now Me: Audra? Is that you?

YM: Yeah. . . Who's this?

NM: It's me . . . Audra . . . I mean you . . . at age 42. Happy Birthday, Me!

YM: Hmmmmm. . . funny; and whoever this is thanks, but I gotta run. I have a surprise party to get ready for. But I'm sure you already knew that.

NM (smiling): Yes. Don't worry you're going to have a great hair day, and Alan Price will sit by you most the night.

YM: Huh? I don't care about Alan . . . Who is this?

NM: Listen, I don't want to mess with your brain. I just wanted to wish you happy birthday and tell you that life doesn't turn out exactly like you expect, but you turn out pretty good, kid.

YM: I'm not a kid.

NM: Of course not. Oh, and you know how at 16 you think you know everything? I'm not gonna lie to you, because you are pretty damn smart. You pretty much do know everything you just don't know how to use the knowledge.


YM: Did my mom put you up to this? You sound just like her.

NM: Hey, that's hitting below the belt. But do try to have a little more patience with her, because you might as well get used to it - she's going to try to keep you her baby FOREVER.

YM: Grrrrreeeeaaatttt . . Aren't you the messenger of misery. My life is going to suck, my mother will always tell me what to do, and i'm going to turn out only okay.

NM: That's not what I said. I said it's not going to be what you expected.

YM: Sorry, Lady. But you must have the wrong number. I"m gonna light the world on fire. Everyone's gonna know my name. My life is gonna make a huge difference in this world.

NM: Okay, you do that. But remember sometimes making a huge difference in just a few people's life inspires them to keep lighting the world on fire.

YM: Are you a Jehovah Witness or something? Because I go to the Christian church, and you might have missed it, but I said I had a party to get ready for

NM: Okay. . . Just one more thing?

YM: Sigh. . . yeah?

NM: When you get the opportunity to sign up for a blog challenge . . . go for it. It's just what you need at that time.

YM: A what challenge? Blog? Look, I don't even know what you're talkin' about. Sorry, but I gotta go.

click
NM: Happy Birthday. . . Enjoy that goodnight kiss. You'll remember it a life time.

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728236-Birthday-Call