*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728260-2012-ACCCCKKKKK
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#728260 added July 10, 2011 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
2012 ACCCCKKKKK
Here is the day 9 prompt

December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world. Do you think it will it be a cataclysmic shift of Earth itself, a transformative shift in human consciousness, or something else?


I knew someone would pick the very topic I refuse to write about, so I'll write around it, or suck it up and do it.

See, I have an irrational fear of the whole 12/21/12 thing. I know in my heart the Bible says that no one knows when the world will end. And I also remember people having this fear at the turn of the millenium, but for some reason it still FREAKS ME OUT.

It could possibly be because my son loves to torture me over it. Truthfully, I think he's scared of it and his "humor" is the way to deal with it. Let's give you an example of said "humor". I teach English and had my son in classs this year since I'm the only 8th grade English teacher (that's a whole other blog, story, novel, epic). We always begin class with a short writing - 10 minutes - I provide the challenge/prompt for them, and then we share our writings. Well, I have Reese (son) 2nd hour. On that day, I was occupied before school and didn't have a proompt on the board so I let them choose their prompt. It went fine. Many writings on video games, rumors, drama, love, parents who don't understand, sports . . . You get the idea.

3rd hour pretty much the same thing. 4th hour got to work surprisingly quickly and quietly for them. I was impressed. Even more impressive when I asked for volunteers to share, all hands shot up. Feeling like a miracle had been done, I called the first person. You guessed it: A gory account of 2012. Second person: great use of descriptive words on 2012. Third Person: amazing dialogue among the end of the human race. Finally, laughter erupted as they could see in my eyes I was plotting my revenge on what I knew had to be the doings of my son.

What bothered me a little, is I thought he was smarter than that. He should know I have much more ammo on him than he does me. I laid all the naked baby pictures on the kitchen table that night with a note to pic the one that would be displayed on the board the next day to write about. It's amazing how quickly he promised to quit tormenting me with 2012. Of course, I was bluffing, and of course, he was fibbing. In fact, it was just yesterday when he tried to convince me that keeping weeds out of the yard was a waste of energy since we wouldn't even have a yard in 2012. AND he pointed out because of the months our birthdays fall in - I will only have one more, while he will have 2. I told him I wasn't sure he was going to make it to either of the forementioned birthdays. lol

Peace, love, laugh, and hit people who try to scare you.

audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728260-2012-ACCCCKKKKK