*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728378-Thats-a-Tough-One
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#728378 added July 10, 2011 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
That's a Tough One
July 10 Prompt: Who are the authors that have inspired your work?

I've thought about this on and off all day today. I don't really think my inspiration to write comes from other authors. It is more inspired by an innate desire to express myself, or a destresser, or a guilty pleasure. Many more sources of inspiration exist but I'm sure as writers you know them, and understand what I'm getting at.

I've enjoyed and admired many authors - from best sellers to the wonderful authors here. As I reflect, authors are sort of like musicians. You know when you first start getting to know someone often one of the predictable questions is "Who is your favorite band/musician?". I always struggle with that one, because it depends on my mood, plus it changes throughout life. Well, so do authors. For instance, as a preteen I was obsessed with Judy Blume. Even to the point, I secretly read the "adult" book she wrote. Trust me, I was ready to go from "Dear God, It's me Margaret" to that. I think it was called "Wifey". lol - i should go back and read it and see if it is as "shocking" as I thought at 13.

Maybe a book that did inspire me to start journaling more was "Go Ask Alice". It's still a middle school favorite 30 years later.

Of course, I had/have my Stephen King and Dean Koontz phase.

I enjoy many authors, but I guess if I have to name one that inspires me to write it would be my dad. If you knew him, you wouldn't expect him to be a writer at all. I like his style. He writes on here - check him out, it will make his day. duece .

Peace, Love, and Let's Read More!

Audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728378-Thats-a-Tough-One