*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728526-Day-12-Sand-Between-My-Toes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#728526 added July 12, 2011 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
Day 12: Sand Between My Toes
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Day 12: Sand Between My Toes
It's hotter than Hades in August and you're at the beach. You run out into the ocean waves, jump to get over that big one, and on the way back down, something bumps against your leg. What would you do? Would you dive under the water to see what it was? Would you yell for help? Would you swim toward shore in the same direction as the bump? Or something else?

Prompt Creator: An apple a day....


         The first time I remember taking a glimpse at the ocean I had just turned three-years old, and was spending the summer evening with my parents. Holding both of their hands, I walked towards the water, realized just how immense the ocean was, and climbed up the back of my 6'4" father like he was a jungle gym. My little fingers dug into his afro for dear life, and wouldn't get down until we got back into the car. Felt the same about Santa Monica, but who doesn't?

         That being said I grew to love the ocean and feel of salt water on my skin. The thing that caused me such fear in my heart ended up bringing me the most solace. My mom attributes it to me being a fish once in a former life and my ancestors all being from islands. Maybe so, but there's nothing like sinking your feet into the ocean waters and staring out into the Pacific. Spending all my life in California, I don't see the ocean enough, and it'll probably be the thing I miss most when moving to Washington.

         Standing in the ocean waves and diving (haphazardly - it's the only way I roll) underneath the water line, if I felt something bump my leg, I'd got after it like a severe dork. I'd peer into the salt water until my eyes couldn't stand it. If it were something that was alive, I'd go after it. I'm too curious a person not to know what wanted to get friendly. More likely than not I'd be messing with something I shouldn't. Still, there's too much beauty not to want to take a peak.

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728526-Day-12-Sand-Between-My-Toes