*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729438-Have-you-lost-your-mind-Earl
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#729438 added July 22, 2011 at 10:17pm
Restrictions: None
Have you lost your mind, Earl?
If you have nothing else to do,
look at yourself and see if
there isn't something close
at hand that you can improve.
It may make you wealthy,
although it is more likely
it will make you happy.

- George M. Adams -


Who wants to look in the mirror? I spend my day trying to duck and dodge them. UHHHHHHHH self-reflection UUUUUGGGGHHHH.

You know I'm kidding, right? Well, kinda. *Smile*

It's just really that at this age, I've come to terms with my so-callled imperfections. Sure, I work on them, but I'm not expecting miracles. I know my limitations. . . and laziness. I prefer to live in my fantasy world where I'm a size let's just say 6, stubborn isn't a word people use to describe me, and every word that comes out of my mouth sounds somewhat intelligent.

Okay, this has nothing t do with the prompt but I have to share. Because it's one of those things you HAVE to tell but if you tell 'real' (no offense) people in your life that might think you were a little off your rocker.

Let's have a drum roll. . . . (I know some of you actually did it lol)

I gave myself a black eye today. NOOOOOO not intentionally, I'm not stupid. . .just accident prone. How? you might ask. I'm going to try to be delicate here and maintain a hint of ladylikeness. I was relieving myself (you know we ladies tend to sit while we pee pee lol that sounds so funny - well, to me and my black eye - I've named him George - too ugly to be a girl). And I reached down because I noticed my son had left a wash cloth (washrag - depending on your region) on the floor. and somehow when I leaned up I hit myself in the eye with the doorknob that apparently wasn't there 2 seconds ago. So now I have a goose egg on my eye and George is blackening, PLUS i have to make up insane stories to tell people, because they wouldn't believe the truth AND I have no intention of admitting to it.

Needless to say, my son ins doing the laundry for the rest of his life. Not really, he's not even home - at his dad's.

If it hadn't hurt so bad, I would have laughed. Okay, okay, I did laugh, but not until that "oh my gosh, i'm going to puke from the pain" feeling went away.

Catch you later peeps crazy enough to read my ramblings,

Audra & George!



** Image ID #1529452 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729438-Have-you-lost-your-mind-Earl