*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733228-Liar-Liar-Pants-on-fire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#733228 added September 4, 2011 at 7:41am
Restrictions: None
Liar, Liar, Pants on fire
"When is it OK to lie? We all tell the occasional "little white lie". What makes them more acceptable than a regular lie?"

Oh, to be witty or philosophical -- i'm so torn

Let's look at liar liar pants on fire -- ironic huh? we are accusing someone of lieing and at the same time lieing to them that their pants are on fire -- shame shame, I know your name.

This is hard because I hate being lied to. It's like the one thing I find hard to forgive. Guess I should have used it on my pet peeve prompt. but the thing is a do lie. Not big whoppers and not often, becuase I know I'll forget what i said and then have to lie more or get caught. What is that saying "oh the dangerous webs we weave when first we practice to deceive." and I think mark twain had one about the truth being easier to remember. i don't know.


White lies: to me they are lies that are meant to keep from hurting someone. Like, "your hair looks great like that". However, I choose to instead say things like "I like how you are try different styles with your hair.". Because sometimes white lies can bite you in the ass. Like if you tell someone you love their nail polish so they bring the polish for you to borrow and you have to wear horrid mood changing nail polish and the sight of your own hands becomes revolting to you. Maybe too personal of an example? lol.

I'm not going to say lies can be good, because in my soul i don't believe that. What I will say is that sometimes too much truth can be bad. Some things are better left unsaid. It's called tactfullness, sparing one's feelings and thus saving them money in therapy bills.

by the way i've figured out the secret to this contest - insomnia. Not that I wouldn't rather be shaking the house with my snoring, but at least I've made it to day 4 without being late. A personal best for me I think.

Peace, love, and zzzzzzz's,
Audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733228-Liar-Liar-Pants-on-fire