*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733296-Here-fishie-fishie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#733296 added September 5, 2011 at 7:53am
Restrictions: None
Here fishie, fishie

"What if the "one that got away", the person who absolutely ripped your heart to shreds, came crawling back to you begging for another chance? How would you handle the situation?"


To me the one that got away wasn't someone who ripped my heart to shreds, it was more someone I chose not to explore something deeper with. Sadly, I don't even remember his names. I was in college and he was a few years older - at the time it seemed a big deal, but I know it wasn't an age difference of greater than 10 years at the most. He had a job, a home, and treated me with respect. I suppose my immaturity at that time in my life blinded me from the great aspects of work ethic, financially competent and well, feeling as if I deserved the respect.

As for crawling back to me? Well, that's hard to imagine since I wonder if he even remembers the bratty college student that got hung up on age and still liked to party a little too often. Maybe I felt I wasn't worthy. I don't know. Let's not think so deeply before 7:00 a.m., k? IF i did see him and remember his name, I would apologize for not seeing the kindness he showed me and realizing what a wonderful man he was. Instead of avoided his calls, I should have been upfront and honest about my . .. . . I don't even know what to call it.

I wouldn't jump in his arms, for I'm seeing a wonderful man now. But I would give him a warm hug and thank him for giving me a preview of what in later years I would pray would come into my life. He was proof it existed.

I wanna say his name was John, but I know that's not right. Dang, if only they had blogs 20 years ago I could look it up lol.

Peace, love, and memories,
audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733296-Here-fishie-fishie