*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741483-Three-years-today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#741483 added December 10, 2011 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
Three years today....
As of today I have been a part of the WDC community three years. It has always been a pleasant experience, and as the old song or something goes, "I'm sure glad I met ya1" Folks my age and in my situation do not have the opportunity to get out and socialize very much so the time spent on wdc has filled a very important void in my current life. If I had to drop a marble in a river for each time I've smiled because of someone on wdc, I could visualize a marble bridge across that river. A big "thank you" to everyone here who has touched my life in some way. *Smile*

It has been drizzlling rain here all day and only in the 60's, a good hot chocolate with marshmallows day, which is exactly what I just had, yum. My Mopsy loves the porch but not the cool air, and after about three minutes out, she is begging to be let back in. This circle of activity has continued all day and is now contributing to my cold feet since warm air rises and cold air lingers on the floor. But the cocoa is helping.

I have not put up our tree yet but plan on doing it tomorrow. It's a lot of fun getting out all the Christmas things and the memories that go along with them. I have tree decorations made by my children and grandchildren. I still decorate the tree with the old fashioned things because it seems they mean more to me each year. The tree, though, is not so old and thankfully, has 'lights built in.' I can remember fighting with those awful strings of lights, just to get them straightened out, plugging them in, and realizing they don't work. That is one memory I can do without. Mopsy enjoys the tree trimming, too. The best time is late at night, sitting in the dark with the tree lights on...magical...makes me feel like a little kid again.

I'm ordering a Heavenly Ham dinner for two for me and Jim for Christmas. Unfortunately, Erica is not able to come home this year, and Eric is not coming until New Year's Day. Jim loves the ham and the sides. That he is home will make it all special. Eric has not been home for several years (he lives in N.D.) and is planning to stay for a week. Looking forward to his visit has been good medicine for Jim, better than any pills in a bottle. I think I will be dreaming about trimming the tree tonight....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2011 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741483-Three-years-today