*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743090-Im-really-writing-about-this
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#743090 added January 2, 2012 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
I'm really writing about this?
2012 to others is a tragic year since it is
associated with end of days. Express your
sentiments on this


Really? Am I doing this? Writing about a topic I refuse to acknowledge? Damn, this is going to take skill.

First of all, I know it's not true, because in the Bible (which I do believe in) it says we won't know when the end of days will be. But on the other hand, I can't deny that part of the hoopla does instill a little fear in me - Hence, the reason I refuse to talk about it. WHICH . . . makes it a topic my 15 year old son brings up at every opportunity. Even to the point of buying me the 2012 movie. Gee . . . thanks, son.

And let's see, the fact that there were big volcanic eruptions and earthquakes on the 1st day of 2012 only add yet more fuel to his fire of torment.

And you know what? Why would we believe the Mayans. I know I'm not the biggest history buff, but I don't even know who they are. Well, I know a little since MY SON did his research paper over them. The turd. lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is going to be a tragic year for some people. And let's face it, it will be the end of days for some. I mean people do die. I, however, hold fast that God loves me enough that He knows I don't do will with timelines. Procrastination is my buddy. So to know the date i'm going to die would cause me so much stress i'd probably stroke out before it happened. So I'll chose to believe that 2012 will be a year of happiness, goodwill, and all that positive stuff for me.

I know many of you probably wrote much deeper, philosophical things based on research and fact, but hey, I have 2 more days on vacation. I choose to stay shallow and just be me. Besides the fact that despite my love of research there is no way in hell i'm researching 2012. Get real!

Peace and love!
Audra


© Copyright 2012 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743090-Im-really-writing-about-this