*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743118-Ive-got-to-learn-to-quit-googling-things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#743118 added January 2, 2012 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
I've got to learn to quit googling things
Okay I wasn't going to write about this but I just have to. Why? I don't know.

Yesterday, I woke up with this red spot on the end of my nose. Like a wanna-be Rudolph. I thought, "Great, thanks fate. A pimple on the first day of the New Year." I mean really, I'm 42, do I have to still get pimples?

Well, today it is bigger and the sucker is hard. And let me tell you when you touch it it hurtsssssssss. I know this because my son goes "What's wrong with your nose, Mom?" and then he reaches up and squeezes before I realize what he's doing. I screamed. He ran.

So, I google. Big Red Bump on Nose. Holy Hat. According to 2 sources, I must be close to death because the veins that go to the nose are near those that go to the brain. So, now I'm not even going to live to see the end of the world.

Another explained in detail what will happen if it is a boil. Let's just say, I think my eyes teared up.

and you know what it's probably just a good ole fashioned zit. but now i'm going to obsess over it because random people wrote about their horrific experiences with Rudolph-itis.

I have an appt. with my gynecologist tomorrow, but somehow I don't think this is his area of expertise. Plus I'll have it covered up with make-up because I'm sure not going to be seen in public like this.

OHHHHHH. . . . and word of advice - though I know many of you won't follow it. Don't google images of boils. Actually, I used ask.com not google. And no, my nose does not look like those. . . . yet!

Rudolph signing out

© Copyright 2012 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743118-Ive-got-to-learn-to-quit-googling-things