*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743261-Oh-Christmas-Tree
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#743261 added January 3, 2012 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Oh, Christmas Tree...
In years past I have always taken down my Christmas tree on New Year's Day. This year, though, I left it up because that was the day our son arrived for his visit. Now, I keep procrastinating about taking it down. What's with that, I wonder? I really like looking at it, the multi-colored lights, the sparkling ornaments, the warmth of it. I've gotten used to plugging it into the outlet as soon as I get up in the morning and having it in my eye range as I go in and out of the family room. I don't want to take it down *Rolleyes*. Maybe I'll just leave it up a few more days.

The tube is bombarding me with the Iowa caucuses tonight. The only time I really got interested in them was the year John Kerry was running. Not because I was big on Kerry but because Carole King was a big supporter of him and was "performing" at one of the homes. Can you imagine having Carole King come into your home and play your piano and sing. Wow! That fascinated me. I thought Kerry would win just because of that *Confused*.

It was very cold here today, so cold I did not even want to set out my trash...but I did. The wind was brutal, and tonight may even go into the teens. This is crazy. The water temp in the Gulf, only 50 miles from me, is still 67 degrees. There are several springs nearby and they remain a warm 70 degress year round. No wonder the manatees winter over in the springs, i.e., Manatee Springs. Maybe we should winter in the water? It certainly would save on the gas bill...but then I'm wrinkled enough as it is *Laugh*.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743261-Oh-Christmas-Tree