*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750616-Joyas-close-as-the-door
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#750616 added April 9, 2012 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
Joy.....as close as the door....
Today was another grass mowing, edging, and trimming day. And it's only April 9th...yikes! But I do love to get outside, no matter the reason. And the smoke was gone. It was really bad yesterday, controlled burns somewhere near. If it had been like that today, grass cutting would have been impossible. But the yard looks beautiful again and the bird feeders and baths are cleaned and filled for tomorrow's first light. Sunshine has a way with me *Smile*.

It is pretty amazing how a little exercise and fresh air and sunshine can improve one's disposition. I wonder why we try to fight it, postpone it, put it off, when in the end it feels so good. I smell a federal grant in there somewhere *Laugh*. I think I may have overdone the sun a little, though. I can feel it in my lips...and it was breezy, too.

Abby, the little baby next door, will be a whole year old on Wednesday...hard to believe that much time has passed so quickly. The older I get, the quicker it goes. Even though I like to blog...and journal on paper, I make notes on a calendar on my desk and have kept all of them for years. I can look back to whatever year and whatever day and know at least something I did that day or something that was important enought to make note of. Of course no one else would be interested, but I find it fascinating to go back and look at today's date on my old calendars. That probably makes me a little narcisistic, but so what. It brings back memories, sometimes makes me happy, sometimes makes me sad. And sometimes makes me puzzled as to why I would write down such nonsense...oh, well.

I still have some windows open and I can smell the jasmine on our back fence. It is in full bloom. And today I noticed my gardenia has two blooms and a gazillion buds in waiting. It is in one corner outside the back porch. Gardenia scent sort of reminds me of a funeral home but that is part of life too...and another miracle to be enjoyed. Isn't spring wonderful...and I am here to enjoy another one *Smile*.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750616-Joyas-close-as-the-door