*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752283-May-4th--Why-They-Couldnt-Quit-On-That
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#752283 added May 4, 2012 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
May 4th- Why They Couldn't Quit On That?
I interpreted this blog topic to mean something people do that may have become ridiculous and have no reason to continue doing it.

I find I do lots of things like this, things that have become a habit and have no purpose at all. One thing comes to mind immediately and that is holiday dinners. Jim and I have been retired for many years now and our children and grandchildren live far away and do not get home often. Regardless, I always find it necessary to cook the huge clove-studded, glazed ham, deviled eggs, and mounds of potato salad on Easter Sunday. On Thanksgiving I continue to bake a big turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and of course a pumpkin pie. Christmas is the same with the main entry varying but always something special. There really is no point to all of this because 50 to 75 percent of the time, it is only me and Jim with leftovers that are wasted. But the thing is, one Thanksgiving I tried not fixing a big meal and you never saw such a sad household. It was like somebody put a black cloud over our roof!

I soon found out traditions are very important to keep regardless of how many people are sitting around the table. Some things need to be kept the same....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752283-May-4th--Why-They-Couldnt-Quit-On-That