*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752537-Itsy-bitsy-boxes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#752537 added May 8, 2012 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Itsy bitsy boxes.
Shelly wrote: "It's amazing to me that I have so many people that see my big picture more clearly then I do."

I responded "Remember this: when you are inside a box, it's hard to see the outside. Of course, also hard when you have clients to see in."

Boxes... itsy bitsy boxes. The life and death of us all.

If you were a follow-the-leader blogger what would you write to the entry title?

ME, Me, mE, me:

This is a green and orange entry for Party.

May 7, 1922: The St. Louis Browns defeat the Cleveland Indians 10-7. With a 14-8 record they are one game behind the Yankees. Ray Kolp is the winning pitcher. Hank Severeid has 3 hits and 3 RBIs.

Pittsburg Pirates (my grandfather was a Pirates fan) won 11-5 over the Cubs in Chicago.

Darren Gavin, Gale Robbins and my mother Rita Deuel Menztzell were born.

Note: in the 50s the Browns moved to Baltimore, changed their color to orange and black ...became the Orioles. *Smile*

Boxes come in all colors: green, orange, brown, whatever... I could use a couple. In Missoula with free-cycle and all ...no problem. Here? Not so easy. If I see one... maybe an abandoned shoe box?

Cradle to crib to 3/4 beds to doubles and king size room size monstrosities. We move up in boxes. *Laugh* I bought a 80 cm covered foam mattress yesterday that fits nicely under my double bed (came with the place) that can be used by me or guests. Cost around $26. However a really good twin mattress costs over $100. Many Ticos make less than $400/month. Take 1/4 of your monthly salary/check and consider what you pay where you are. Costa Rica isn't cheap.

Big boxes. A study on myopia strongly suggests that children need 2 to 3 hours of sunlight for proper eye development. Reading isn't the problem, lack of light is. Maybe I shouldn't have played so much inside as a child. Maybe shouldn't have hid myself in the closet.

Little boxes. Apparently television can be a culprit too. In the sense that most folks don't watch television outside. Computers? *Shock*

My apartment in Costa Rica is a medium size box. One bedroom, bath, kitchen, closet, livingroom. That's it. My Missoula place is two rooms (shared bath). My friend Marloes would find it spacious though. The Dutch live in truly tiny spaces.

Another reason they leave on vacation?

Anyhoo... boxes can be physical, emotional or mental. Traveling gets one outside of one's comfort zone ...a sometimes confining and stifling box all its own. The coffin or urn isn't necessarily the smallest box one will ever know.
29,631

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752537-Itsy-bitsy-boxes