*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754998-A-potpourri--including-link-to-photos-of-Trondheim
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#754998 added June 16, 2012 at 11:57am
Restrictions: None
A potpourri ... including link to photos of Trondheim.
A potpourri? Well, I don't seem to have one theme today.

ME:

Going to a garden party today. Need to meet people. Need to schmooze a little. Won't kill me to get to know some ex-pats. Plus, I'm going with a friend by car and to an area I've been wanting to visit. Add in the fact that the hosts are ab-fab delightful and I'm there!

Generosity:

I need to do an entire essay/blog on this! For me, it has depended on the stage of life I'm in. I was considered generous for years, but now not-so-much. Also, in this Costa Rican culture it is misinterpreted.

So... last night someone I've spoken to in the park before mentioned he was hungry. I know the guys who hang in the park... reminds me of the street folk in Kansas. I said no but later I gave him enough for a burger and fries. Don't know exactly what he ordered but he made a bee-line to Kuki's across the street. He looked much better later. Sometimes it's okay to help.

Being prepared:

A related topic. One can be generous when one has extra on hand. In Montana it helps to have canned food (a can opener ...duh) and lots of blankets. In Florida it means being ready for a hurricane long before one passes near. In California? Come the earthquake...

However, if you are a Survivalist (as in come the nuclear attack...) I would suggest going out to greet it and becoming so much ash. Being a survivor can suck and unless you are prepared to shoot starving masses... 'Nough said.

In the news:

In 1962, Illinois decriminalized homosexual acts.

At the time, a Northwestern University assistant law professor, Claude R. Sowle, told the Sun-Times, “The law should not be cluttered with matters of morality so long as they do not endanger the community. Morality should be left to the church, community and the individual’s conscience.”


The ongoing debate over who should be allowed to marry hinges on the those who wish to impose personal morality on others. A mere quotation from any scripture will suffice for many (and will be defended as a grievous personal/societal attack if not accepted as universal) but in secular law it has no standing.

We need to get over this folks. Empty cup ... move down.

Blog stats

A contest, Party? Maybe for when this blog hits 40 or 50 thousand. *Smile* I need to revive dear L'aura del Campo. At over 60 thou she deserves some attention. My problem? Time and energy. Time can be dealt with partially by keeping a regimen of getting up early, setting aside time to work on-line without distractions and eventually getting a new FAST computer. Energy is a factor of diet and continuing to lose excess weight (by not sitting in front of a computer *Laugh*).

Trondheim, Norway photos:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.422381771129786.100036.100000739010621&...

I'll keep posting links. Note that I'm adding photos to these albums day by day. I'll try to remember to link to England and Costa Rica albums as well. All in good time. *Smile*
30.840

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754998-A-potpourri--including-link-to-photos-of-Trondheim