*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755073-June-11-Sew
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #1872532
My entries for the 15 for 15 contest
#755073 added June 17, 2012 at 10:10am
Restrictions: None
June 11: Sew
"In here! This way!" the voice crackled through his headset. He nodded, although he knew the other members of the tactical team couldn't actually see him. Please let this mission go right, he prayed. His muscles trembled with the rush of adrenaline as he slid through the last door. It was dark inside at first and he had to pause to let his vision adjust.

There it was, just as the informant had told them. Another rogue leprechaun, using spider silk. The leprechaun looked up, surprise evident on his gnarled features, as the rest of the team crashed in.

"I'm sorry, we're closed," the leprechaun said mildly. The spider sitting on his balding head trembled, and the team heard the clicking of its mandibles. A drop of poison slid onto the silky thread.

"You're under arrest," the man said, unholstering his weapon. His whole body felt taut with nerves. If the leprechaun didn't want to go peacefully, this could turn into a bloodbath.

"For what?" the leprechaun asked, blinking in bewildered innocence. His fingers never stopped their deadly work.

"You know very well what," one of the others grumbled. He shot the woman a stern look.

"For the creation and manufacture of clothes using silk thread from a classification 2 spider, which is illegal in all fifty states," he rattled off.

"I'm sorry, Officer, I didn't know," the leprechaun said contritely. Suddenly, there was a rush of movement and noise as the leprechaun leaped off his stool, scrambling toward the hidey-hole in the back. The spider scrambled up a fancy bottle, probably the way the leprechaun had transported it.

He aimed carefully, pulling the trigger and blowing a large, messy hole into the spider's back. The spider fell twitching onto the floor as another member of the team tackled the leprechaun and put it in silver handcuffs.

"Well done," he said, holstering his weapon. "Let's get this cleaned up."
© Copyright 2012 ⭐Princette♥PengthuluWrites (UN: morgana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
⭐Princette♥PengthuluWrites has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755073-June-11-Sew