*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762574-Keeping-up-with-correspondence
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#762574 added October 10, 2012 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping up with correspondence?
Not me.

ME:

Nope. I'll never catch up with emails or thank-yous for reviews. Should I? Yeah ...I should. A high-speed computer with high-speed internet accessible 24/7 would help immensely. Still, I'm a writer and correspondence is writing and gets in the way of my poetry and prose.

It really does.

In an ideal world I would be able to do both and still have a life. A 36 hour day would be nice... or the ability to sleep well on 4 hours. Maybe I should try that. 4 hours of nightmares would be so much better than 10.

I saw the movie version of My Ántonia ...not impressed. They got the personality of the grandfather all wrong. The compression of the first three years and Jimmy arriving as a young man betrayed the book. The landscape also changed during the book and they did not grasp the prairie fields of pre-corn Nebraska at all. Should've done some filming in the Flint hills of Kansas. The landscape and times are an important contribution of Willa Cather's book. The movie aimed but missed.

When I finish the book I'll continue my rant.

As the Baltimore Orioles play another game today, all I can say is that my Oriole's cap has been noticed. Barely a word before the playoffs...

10/10 ...a friend's birthday. I don't do birthdays... wish he wouldv'e answered the phone. 40 is sooooooo OLD ...and I wanted to remind him. *Smirk*

Poetry workshop last night: we did a corpse exquisite. Amusing as always.

I'll try harder to keep politics out of this blog and rant elsewhere ...facebook isn't probably a bright idea... but it's hard not to express how upset I feel. I really don't want to become a non-person again and there are those who would like that. If the leaders in this country wouldn't support the ignorant and fear-mongerers I'd feel much better.
36,172

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762574-Keeping-up-with-correspondence