*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764730-Going-where
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#764730 added November 2, 2012 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Going where?
My sister-in-law, who lives nearby, is planning a trip to visit her brother in WVA...tomorrow. She is eighty, and not only that, her sister is going with her and she is eighty-five. Yes, old age can be ignored *Smile*.

The weather may make their trip impossible though. They are traveling via Amtrak, and as of 11 A.M., the tracks from D.C. to Hinton, WVA, are not cleared. A forecasted storm for next week is presenting an additional roadblock, but her tickets are bought, and I know she will forge ahead if at all possible. They plan on staying two weeks, and their wardrobes have already been UPSed. Tell me old people aren't with it!

One of her granddaughters is taking them to Jax where they will catch the train. There used to be a station at Waldo (only fifteen miles away), but I guess it did not do enough business and they closed it a few years ago. Juanita has already traveled to WVA by plane, bus and car, and is ready for a new experience. I hope I feel like that sometime in the future. Right now I have to practically make myself get out of the house. When I think of going more than ten miles away from home, it might as well be Mars.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764730-Going-where