*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765042-The-taste-of-memory
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#765042 added November 5, 2012 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
The taste of memory
Writing/blog prompt: Certain senses can often provoke a memory. A smell, a sound, an image, etc. Write about a favorite memory that is conjured up by a smell, a song, or any other sense. By Fivesixer for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS.


Some of my strongest memories are aroused by taste and scent; sometimes the scent brings back the memory of a taste. Coffee brings back memories of my grandfather, specifically the taste of Folgers coffee. The first thing Grandpa Newland did every morning was make a pot of coffee. I remember Grandpa using an electric percolator.

After the coffee was brewed, Grandpa would drink one or two cups with breakfast and then either go to work or do chores around the house. He always left the percolator plugged into the electricity. As a results, the coffee got stronger and stronger during the day. No matter how strong the coffee was, Grandpa always drink every sip in the percolator. If he finished the coffee before bedtime then he would make another pot and continue drinking coffee all day.

My first cup of coffee was made by Grandpa. When he let me drink coffee, he added a lot of cream and sugar so I probably did not get very much coffee, but that did not matter. I was thrilled that Grandpa let me drink the coffee he made. Every time I inhale the aroma of Folgers coffee, I think of Grandpa. Every time I drink a cup of Folgers coffee, I think of Grandpa. Unless I am looking for a specific type of whole bean coffee, I drink ground Folgers.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765042-The-taste-of-memory