*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765261-Just-musings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#765261 added November 8, 2012 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Just musings...
It's chilly here this morning, 41 degrees, but I have not turned on my heat yet this season since it continues to stay at 70 inside. I hate that terrible smell when the heat first comes on, all that stale, burnt air coming out of the vents. Lots of people are out walking their doggies, all bundled up in jackets, scarves, and hats (the people, that is). And then I'll see that one weirdo, jogging along in shorts and t-shirt, a hardy soul. I'll take my walk at 3 when the sun is at its warmest. I did that yesterday, and even then, I never really warmed up, but it was cloudy yesterday. I picked some beauty-berry http://templeterrace.patch.com/blog_posts/beautyberries-expect-the-unexpected and stuck it in the ground near the birdbath.

My little mole is gone, replaced by a few stitches right now. They come out on the 15th. Contrary to what I expected, this one was not nearly as painful as the other *Smile*.

I got a card in the mail yesterday from the Friends of the Library thanking me for my volunteer effort and announcing their haul of $146,777.90. Wow! That made me feel great!

This is a big weekend for Gainesville...UF Homecoming Weekend. It starts tomorrow with a 2-mile run/walk (Gator Gallop), then a parade with a trail of floats competing for first place, followed by Gator Growl, a huge pep-rally at the stadium tomorrow night. This year Josh Turner and Tracy Morgan are part of the entertainment. Jim and I have attended in years past. The noise is deafening! On Saturday morning there is a big barbeque and then, at 12.21, the main event.

I'll leave with a link to my favorite commercial...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZthOZIdDKU

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765261-Just-musings