*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766550-Happy-Thanksgiving
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#766550 added November 21, 2012 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Thanksgiving!
I've been sitting here a few minutes, staring at the screen and sipping a cup of Bigelow's Lemon Lift with a dollop of Orange Blossom Honey. I had to warm up my fingers.

Today was library volunteer day with a pleasant surprise. We're having a Christmas Party! What a great gig.

There's a show on PBS right now about turkeys. Watch it and you'll never eat another one. They are so smart and lovable and can teach us a lot about how to live and treat others. Yes, that's right...turkeys! Heartbreaking ending, though. Turkeys will be turkeys, I guess.

Tomorrow I've been invited to have Thanksgiving dinner at my sister-in-law's so I must rise early and make a pumpkin pie to take with me. I want to wait until morning because I like them warm...and the smell should get me in the mood. I got her a really pretty bouquet, too. You can tell I'm looking forward to a little socializing for a change.

My muse continues to refuse to tell me any stories. I am reading outside my comfort zone, though. I'm a little over a hundred pages through Sirens of Titan (Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.), and I eyed some of LeGuin's books at the library today. Fantasy is not my thing, but it might become my thing *Smile*.

I am so thankful for all my friends here at writing.com and hope each of you has a very special and happy day tomorrow!

until next time...c


moon over ocean at night

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766550-Happy-Thanksgiving