*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766685-Beaumont-Texas-Richland-Washington
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#766685 added November 23, 2012 at 8:43pm
Restrictions: None
Beaumont Texas, Richland Washington
         I visited these two cities on back to back weeks.  In getting to Beaumont, I flew from Chicago to Houston.  The flight down was interesting, mainly because it was the first flight from Chicago of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.  It is really nice, but the aisles are still rather narrow.  Beaumont was very nice, I had my fill of Cajun food while I was there.  One of the things I do when traveling, is not eat at national chains, with a couple of exceptions.  So local restaurants are always good, especially when it's something like Cajun food that I don't get too often.  One of my favorite national chains to visit though, is Bubba Gump Shrimp.  I like the atmosphere there, and always have fun.  Well, almost always.  I went to the one in Galveston, a new one that opened this year.  It was my 14th Bubba Gump to visit, and I have to say, it wasn't one of my better ones.  The staff was very slow to get to me, and my food arrived before my beer did.  The manager did comp the beer for me, but still, it was a bit of a downer since I love visiting these places.  Maybe I shouldn't visit one that has newly opened.

         This was my second time to Richland Washington this year.  I stayed in the same hotel as before, but visited new restaurants.  Well, not entirely new, I went to Anthony's, a very good seafood restaurant that sits on the Columbia River.  I managed to find a nice Sushi place there also, going there the last two nights I was there.  I found it a little funny and ironic though.  Here I am, a former Navy Nuclear Trained Power Plant Operator/Supervisor, training RF technicians on their equipment at a Nuclear Power Plant.  When I left Richland Saturday morning, I had a four hour layover in Denver.  Unfortunately, the Air Force Academy had let out for the holidays that day; I'd planned on spending the four hours in the USO lounge relaxing, maybe napping.  But that didn't happen, since the place was overrun by Cadets.  They all looked so YOUNG!  Then I realized that my youngest is their age!  Made me cringe a little, thinking about people so young being the leaders of our military.  Then I realized that that was me, forty years ago.  *Smile*  Next trip is Cleveland, the week before Christmas, maybe I'll visit the Rock 'n Roll Hall Of Fame again.  Til then, y'all be safe, and keep warm.


** Image ID #1840790 Unavailable **


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2012 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766685-Beaumont-Texas-Richland-Washington