*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771284-Funny-Friday-Hard-Laughter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#771284 added January 11, 2013 at 10:17am
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Hard Laughter
January 11, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
When was the last time you remember laughing so hard your sides hurt, your smiling muscles were sore, and your eyes were tearing up? What were you laughing at?

Laughter is the best medicine. ~ Author Unknown

Hard laughter
reverberated through my body
and penetrated my soul.

When was the last time I remember laughing so hard my sides hurt, my smiling muscles were sore, and my eyes were tearing up? I can't remember the exact date of this occurrence; all though, I do know it's been several years.

Hard laughter
washes away the dust
of daily living
and heals my depressed
spirit.

Each time you laugh you add one minute to your life span. ~ Author Unknown

Hard laughter
brings weariness to my body
and happiness to my soul.

What was I laughing at? I was laughing at a cat. Vashtie had this tendency to flop down on the floor whenever she saw either my mother or me enter a room. This was her way of telling us she wanted one of us to pick her up. One day, I plugged the vacuum cleaner into a living room wall socket. The phone ring, so instead of turning on the vacuum, I went to answer the phone. When I returned Vashtie was sitting next to the vacuum, she saw me return from the kitchen and flopped down. When she flopped down, she turned of the vacuum (I could turn that vacuum on by stepping on the switch in the front). The sound of the vacuum frightened Vashtie, she jumped straight up into the air and sped into the kitchen. I have never laughed so hard in my life, even today I still laugh at the memory of the way she frightened herself.

How many years
does hard laughter
increase my life span?

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771284-Funny-Friday-Hard-Laughter