*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772198-El-Paso-Carlsbad-Caverns-and-Albuquerque
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#772198 added January 21, 2013 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
El Paso, Carlsbad Caverns, and Albuquerque
         Work sent me to El Paso last week for a class with Customs and Border Protection.  It's actually two classes back to back, so I have a second class to deliver this week.  Since I had the weekend free, I decided to be a tourist a bit, as well as visit home.  Friday I went to Carlsbad Caverns.  I'd been there thirty years ago, and wanted to get back to take a few pictures.  Last time there, I carried my 8 month old daughter in a back pack the whole way.  We entered using the natural entrance (which I did this time too), and what a walk that is!  About 3/4 the way down to the Big Room, my three year old daughter grew tired, so I ended up carrying her the rest of the way too.  (She was too heavy for her mother, or my sister, to carry then).  I seemed to be alone on the path down, the only people I saw were park rangers, and an older couple (look at me, almost 60 calling someone 'older')  *Smile* about 1/4 mile from the Big Room.  The trek through the Big Room took about an hour and a half, but you have the chance to see many beautiful Stalactites and Stalagmites.  It took about 4 hours to completely see the caverns, as well as walk down the natural entrance.  I drove back to El Paso Friday night, then came up here to Albuquerque yesterday.  I grew up here and love this city.  Plus, my mother and brother are still her, so I was able to visit them a little.  Today I'll head back to El Paso, and visit White Sands National Monument along the way.  Once I get home from El Paso, it's off to Toronto the following day.  Hope you all are staying warm this winter.  Not too bad so far for most, but some are cold, and others are still recovering from Sandy.  My thoughts are with you all.

** Image ID #1819703 Unavailable **



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772198-El-Paso-Carlsbad-Caverns-and-Albuquerque