*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773159-Serial-Experience-Part-2---My-Mission-in-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#773159 added January 30, 2013 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
Serial Experience: Part 2 - My Mission in Life
The January 29, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is Serial Experience Prompt PART TWO of the January 29, 2013 prompt
Teach me a LESSON in two parts. The rules are simple: this is an open blog prompt where you can blog about any life experience you desire. The kicker is that it has to be in TWO parts (cliffhangers are recommended and encouraged - make me want to read more!) Open with a problem, take me through your experience dealing with said problem, and end with the lesson you learned (however philosophical or ordinary it may be).

A woman I met, upon finding out my birthday was December 24, was thrilled because she thought that anyone born on December 24 and December 25 were special because those people had a specific mission in life. I couldn't understand then, and I still can't understand, why being born on either of those dates makes a person any more special then any other date. The truth is that if I could have chosen the date of my birth, it wouldn't have been either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

As for having a specific mission in life, everyone is born into this world for a reason and has a mission in life. Some people go through their entire lives without finding mission, while some settle on a mission that is thrust upon them by someone else; neither of which leads to happiness and fulfillment. Those who find their life's mission are fulfilled and will find happiness, but it may take a long time to find one's mission in life so a person can't stop looking, can't give up, and can't settle. Another thing about a person's life mission is that it is twofold.

It took me several years before I understood this twofold mission. The first part is to develop my spiritual attributes so that my soul is clothed when my body dies and my spirit pass into the spiritual world. The second part of my mission concerns the age into which I was born and not the date of my birth. I was born in an age of transition when humanity is moving from a cultural and political climate based on nation-states to a planetary cultural. I have to be concerned with the problems of this age, I have to take my duties as a citizen of both the nation into which I was born and those of a world citizen seriously.

One of those duties is to proclaim the glorious future of humanity and of Earth. The pains and stresses occurring to humanity at this point is history are not death throws, but birth pangs. We are learning how human actions on one part of the planet effect (or is that affect) every other part of the planet, including the weather and climate. Humanity is going through the process of maturity and growing up is never easy, just ask any teenager or parent; if there were any other way to gain maturity then most people would chose that rather then the growing pains that precede adulthood. Humanity will survive and prosper, but it won't be easy.

It isn't easy to step outside of one's comfort zone and put aside outdated concepts or beliefs. However, this is what humanity and individuals (humanity at the grassroots level) will have to do. I can testify to the fact that while putting aside outdated concepts and partisan ideas isn't easy, it is possible. It take work and following our intuition (gut feeling) that had developed as part of humanity's survival instinct.

Consideration of the Day: In case you're worried about what's going to become of the younger generation, it's going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation. - Roger Allen



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773159-Serial-Experience-Part-2---My-Mission-in-Life