*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775255-Playing-in-the-Sand-in-San-Diego
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#775255 added February 17, 2013 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
Playing in the Sand in San Diego
Okay, I couldn't think of a way to work in Sand iego in the title, probably a good thing.  This week my customer was the San Diego County Sheriff.  Class went well, but the highlight was having a co-worker with me.  He is new to teaching, and also needs to learn the ropes for delivering a field class, so he came with me.  After arriving there on Sunday at 11am or so, we went to the San Diego Zoo, and walked around it for 3-4 hours.  We grew tired though, and headed to dinner.  We had wanted Sushi at a place recommended by another co-worker, but they didn't open until 5:30.  So we settled for Pub food, and went there the following night.  My friend was a bit amusing all week.  Monday we had fish tacos.  Yes, I said Fish Tacos; if you haven't tried one, you need to.  But it's very hard to find really good ones outside of Southern California.  Anyway, he took one bite (Mahi-Mahi with Mango Habanero Salsa), almost dropped it to the plate and said, "Dude!  This is the best fish taco I've ever had!"  I had to work hard to stifle a laugh.  This went on all week long when we went to other places, or he tried something new.  Being a retired Navy Submariner, I was surprised at his lack of knowledge about our military, but he was eager to learn.  I think my biggest surprise was when he said, "I need to get on Google maps and see just where we are in California."  Turns out he has little knowledge of basic geography, and wasn't amused when I offered to draw a map of the United States from memory.  *Smile*  Overall though, I would have really enjoyed the week no matter what. After all, I was away from the winter cold of Chicago, but having him there (Oh, I am his mentor at work too, so that's another reason he was there) made the trip that much more enjoyable.  Till next time (Seattle again, this time for three weeks), y'all be good, and stay warm throughout the winter.

** Image ID #1914495 Unavailable **


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775255-Playing-in-the-Sand-in-San-Diego