*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776158-The-Supreme-Rule-of-Snow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#776158 added February 27, 2013 at 12:48am
Restrictions: None
The Supreme Rule of Snow
The February 27, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
If you were supreme ruler of planet Earth for one day, what changes would you make?

Before I answer this question, I have to state a disclaimer. I would not want to be supreme ruler of Earth or any other planet because I have this theory about intelligent or sentient creatures (I know that humanity fits into one or both of those categories) and supreme rulers. Sentient or intelligent creatures do not like supreme ruler, no matter how benevolent the supreme ruler and I can assure you that I would be an extremely benevolent supreme ruler because I don't want the damn job not even for one day.

That being said, I can now answer the question with a clear conscience. If I were supreme ruler of planet Earth for one day, what changes would I make? I would implement universal affordable education for everyone. Because the only true way to change anything whether it is the world or a human being is through education. I didn't write universal free education because nothing (not even a free lunch) is free. There is always a price, a sacrifice, for everything a person is given or acquires.

Thought of the Day: Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela

Crazy Quilt

Life is a patchwork of joys and sorrows;
A quilt pieced together from the odd shaped colored blocks
Of faith and doubt, action and inaction.

Note about this poem: I'm not sure when I wrote this poem. I found it recently as I was going through some old notebooks. Apparently, the poem wasn't finished because I didn't put a date on the page. I usually put dates on the poems that I consider finished.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776158-The-Supreme-Rule-of-Snow