*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777511-Sleepless-In-Seattle-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#777511 added March 13, 2013 at 10:58pm
Restrictions: None
Sleepless In Seattle, Again.
         Once again I'm back in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, a place I still call home.  It's been a crazy week and a half so far, and I'm about half way through my time here.  I've dined at the same places as last time, mainly because trying to get out in the evening is mighty slow.  Traffic is a nightmare, I-5 jam packed with commuters, and I have no desire to get out in that.  Add to all that a slight chill, incessant rain, and an allergy attack that threatens to steal my voice, and you can understand why I would not want to venture very far.  Imagine being an instructor here away from home, you teach for a living, and laryngitis is trying to hit you.

         On a second note, and a very sad one at that; my mother may not make it through the weekend.  She is almost 93 and has lived in an assisted living home for a couple of years.  Her body is just giving up, she can't eat much due to a gag reflex caused by osteoporosis (her head sits lower on her body than the topmost part of her back), and grows weaker by the minute.  Please join me in wishing her a safe journey to her new home, the place we'll all meet again sometime in the future. If anyone wants, I will keep them updated as I learn more.  Right now, it's a sit and wait game so to speak; a game that we all know who the winner will be.  But she's had a long, glorious life, not as glamorous as some, but a good life all the same.  My love, thoughts, and prayers are with her.



** Image ID #1914495 Unavailable **


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777511-Sleepless-In-Seattle-Again