*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779427-Another-holiday-past
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#779427 added April 1, 2013 at 8:35am
Restrictions: None
Another holiday past...
Mopsy got me up early this morning with her aggravating noise making. She stirs up a racket trying to get behind the window blinds. If that doesn't work, she knocks around electric cords behind the nightstand. Ever heard an electric cord scrape back and forth against the wall...ugh. Next, she starts sharpening her claws in the carpet and trying to pull open dresser drawers. Then she's tapping me on the nose and when I open my eyes, there she is...staring at me with almost fully blackened pupils and that intense look she has. I have to get up because no amount of stern reprimands daunt her. She will keep on with her shenanigans until she gets me up. If only I had her perseverance. I will never need an alarm clock with Mopsy around.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. Mine was quiet and a little lonely but i was in touch by text and phone. Since I have 'gone vegetarian', I don't really have any special meal cravings for holidays so that helps actually. I'm not reminded by eating food of holidays past, just the memory association when I think about it. So I try to keep busy with other things. Yesterday I rearranged some furniture, something that always cheers me up if I can get myself to do it *Smile*.

I read back over some of my stories over the weekend (oh how awful some of them are) and see much of my own personality in many of my characters. I guess it is difficult to think up a character without some of myself in it. Even harder to make a character do something I would never do, I am wired so strict and straight. More surprising is the difficulty in writing knowingly about myself. No wonder I get writer's block. Even what I call my 'diary' is basically a journal of daily happenings. I need to loosen up to be able to write...but how...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779427-Another-holiday-past