*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779925-Dancing-in-the-Streetuhhouse
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#779925 added April 7, 2013 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Dancing in the Street...uh...house
I go to bed with the lyrics to "My Guy" and wake to "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"...only in my head The tv is bombarding me with ads for the new broadway play, "Motown". Yep, I am a walking, talking Motown song memory. I reached that age (18) in 1962, probably the peak of Motown mania. There is not one Motown tune I could not sing along with and I suspect there are a bunch of others just like me. Move over Beatles...Motown is back.

The play opens next Saturday, April 13th, in the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.which just happens to be the same theatre where I saw "Sound of Music" on my senior trip to New York in 1962. Mary Martin was Maria...god I'm old!

I predict Motown to be a huge success. If I had the chance to go to see it, you'd have to tie me in my seat!

On another note (no pun intended) I did go to the Arts Festival here yesterday (and today). It gets bigger every year. I only had to walk five blocks from where I parked but it was a beautiful day and the scenery in that part of town is gorgeous...the Duckpond area, it's called, huge old houses with unbelievable architecture. I did not see anything I wanted to buy, but I did see some lovely watercolors by an artist from West Virginia...almost bought a small one. It was shoulder-to-shoulder walking around the booths, unbelievably crowded but politeness prevailed. I had a wonderful afternoon.

I stopped by a local market on the way home and got some yummy red globe grapes, a tomato with some real dirt on it, and a thyme plant that got me with its smell. I've been using a lot of thyme on my stir-fry veggies. Now I have the real stuff and don't have to "moon" over my lost seeds. I think they all are lost to the last cold snap and heavy rain storm.

Sorry, I can't help myself *Laugh*...I'll leave you with this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_y6nFjoVp4

until next time....c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779925-Dancing-in-the-Streetuhhouse