*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782310-Three-Days-In-The-Big-Sky-Country
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#782310 added May 9, 2013 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Three Days In The Big Sky Country
         This week I was sent to Great Falls, Montana for a class.  This is not a very big town, I think the largest city in Montana is just over 105,000 people, but Great Falls is in the 60,000 person range.  This is a site where Lewis & Clark stopped on their trek to the Pacific Coast in the early 1800's, and the site of one of largest natural springs in the world.  I visited Giant Springs today, water bubbles up between cracks in the limestone right next to the Missouri River.  This creates the worlds shortest river (about 50 feet) as it runs to join the Missouri.  The headwaters for the Missouri are about a 3 hour drive away, but not a trek I made this trip.  The surroundings are a lot like what I call the 'high desert' of New Mexico, and reminds me the area near Bismarck, North Dakota.  But being such a small town, (I know, 60,000 isn't all that small, but I'm so used to the Chicago area now), there isn't a lot to do. All that said, I find the area beautiful.  Not sure I'd want to be here in the winter though, Brrrrrrrrrrr!  Til next time, when I'll say "Hi" from Ft. Worth, Texas!  Take care, and be good.  (Doing my best ET impersonation there.)

Jim

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782310-Three-Days-In-The-Big-Sky-Country