*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782639-A-couple-days
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#782639 added May 14, 2013 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
A couple days...
My Sunday writers' meeting was nice although not as well attended as the show of hands at the prior meeting indicated. Mommy's Day understandably took precedent for many. Excerpts from the book were read by WAG members and some actual authors from as far away as Ellenville, N.Y. and Seattle, Washington. Unfortunately, submissions will not be open again until next January. All volunteers, the publishing side is having to restructure their time available to the task. Refreshments were delicious, a colorful platter of fruits and another of petit fours, just right for an afternoon meeting.

Yesterday morning I received a call from my sister-in-law (on Jim's side) needing me to go get her and bring her into town (she doesn't drive) to visit her sister in the hospital. The sister lives with her and late Sunday they decided to call the ambulance for her. They think something was inside a sock (maybe a spider) and it bit, stung, whatever they do, her foot. After trying to nurse it at home for a few days, it continued to swell, foot and leg, until the call was finally made. So I spent yesterday at the hospital with Juanita and Rheda. Rheda is fine except for her foot and leg and Juanita said it looked much better after the doctor did his deed (draining and antibiotics). They did a culture to try to determine the culprit (hopefully, not a brown recluse as was mentioned). It takes 48 hours for results so Rheda could not go home yet. She is such a card...flirting with the male nurses at 85! The moral of this story...check those socks!

I'm just hearing about Angelina Jolie having breast surgery as I am writing this. I never really cared for her that much before, but my opinion has now completely changed to admiration. What a decision to have to make, but hearing about her mom, I can understand. How brave she is. I always saw her as stealing Brad Pitt...how stupid is that? Labels are so unfair. I have to remember people are not just labels...makes me ashamed.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782639-A-couple-days