*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782948-Just-the-weather-and-so-on-and-so-forth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#782948 added May 18, 2013 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
Just the weather and so on and so forth...
Our sweltering weather has arrived, 90 something today and very warm, thankfully a little overcast but no rain yet. Yard work is in full swing, trimming shrubs, edging, mowing, a vicious circle until late October, maybe even November. Oh, well, I've yearned for it all winter and I am happy *Smile*.

I continue to work on my volunteer transcription piece, not as easy a task as I had assumed. I listened to the tape in its entirety before I started and I think that was a mistake. It may have been better to be surprised as I went along with the transcribing. Now I know what is coming and there is no anticipation...won't do that again. Plus, the interviewee and interviewer are beginning to sound like they are very tired, too. I can only do about one-half hour at a stretch, and they did all theirs at one sitting. It does remain enjoyable, though, learning about how it really was with people during World War II. This Scottish war bride (the interviewee) actually came to the States on the Queen Mary. Can you imagine? I can think of so many questions to ask her that the interviewer never got to. What a story, and she tells it like it's nothing. People just don't realize what interesting lives they have lived...just living them.

I may go to a play tomorrow, haven't decided for sure, yet. It's called "Moonlight and Magnolias", a comedy about writing plays. I need to go by the cemetery anyway and check on those fresh flowers. They won't last long in this heat without fresh water, and maybe not even with fresh water.

There was a local watermelon festival nearby today, but it was too hot for me to go, and I heard they were trucking in the watermelons because of the cold snap we had awhile back. Seems it killed all the tender plants and the ones in our county had to be replanted and will not be ready until June sometime. I have been to them in the past and they are fun, seed spitting contests, all the free watermelon you can eat, but I am getting too old for that anyway. The good news is blueberries are ripe...I love blueberries.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782948-Just-the-weather-and-so-on-and-so-forth