*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784157-A-good-week-coming-up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#784157 added June 3, 2013 at 6:26pm
Restrictions: None
A good week coming up...
The very best way to get some rain is to say your yard is under an umbrella. Yep, it rained off and on all day, buckets of it. I can see my grass turning green again and growing *Smile*.

I was so wound up from my excursion yesterday (driving around in Jacksonville does that to me), I didn't go to sleep until 4 o'clock this morning, and then Mopsy woke me up at 6:30. Needless to say, I have had numerous naps throughout the day.

I received a new oral history file (via email) today from Ann. And she has invited me to go on a "field trip" to the oral history department on campus and to lunch afterwards! I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the new file yet, but will tonight. While browsing at the library last Saturday, something interesting jumped out at me, Hard Times by Studs Terkel, advertised as an "oral history of the Great Depression" although it is in printed form (a book, of course). I'm thinking this ties in with my war transcriptions. This is all so interesting and came about from a chance meeting with Ann at my Memoir II class. Funny how things happen when you just take that first step.

My memoir class has a meeting this Thursday (first Thursday of each month). I have a story to read this time. Last time I didn't. I got a little shy for some reason, that happens to me sometimes. But I am prepared for this one *Smile*.

The reason I was at the library last Saturday was because J.T. Glisson, a local author, who actually lived (still does) near and was friends with Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, was scheduled to speak. Rawlings' home at Cross Creek is only around fifteen miles from me. It is now a State site and maintained by the University here with a docent as a tour guide, very interesting. But, unfortunately, Mr. Glisson had to have some sort of emergency surgery and the speaking engagement at the library was cancelled. I hope he is okay and gets rescheduled.

And it's time for another WAG (Writers' Alliance of Gainesville) meeting this Sunday. Cassie Dandridge Selleck, who has a new book out titled The Pecan Man, is the scheduled speaker. Lots of wonderful things going on to keep me busy.

Hope everyone is having a good week after "Manic Monday"....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784157-A-good-week-coming-up