*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784229-So-many-things-to-do
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#784229 added June 4, 2013 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
So many things to do...
I visited our Senior Recreation Center today. I've passed it often but never felt the need to check it out until someone (in my memoir class) told me about their Zumba Gold class. The lady at the sign-up desk says it's their most popular class and that I should come early to be sure of a parking spot. And they have a huge parking lot! Who knew? It's offered twice a week, Monday and Wednesday so surely I can make one of those. Sounds like a lot of fun. Lots of other things going on there, too.

We are in the midst of another thunderstorm, and I just heard on the news we have a tree down on University Avenue tying up traffic. Glad I'm at home. Traffic is probably backed up for miles since it's quitting time and dinnertime *Rolleyes*.

I am in the middle of a good book on my Kindle, Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher. Yes, it is a romance novel, and her son, Robin, is also a writer so I guess it runs in the family. The setting is England and Scotland, and since I have read The Shell Seekers and Coming Home, I thought this one would be good, too. I think it is *Smile*. She has a FB fan page which is very interesting. In 2000 at the young age of 76, she retired from writing, but apparently is giving advice to her son. Wish I had a relative like that *Smile*.

I've worked some on my new transcription. This one is a World War II veteran, born in the U.P. of Michigan, transplanted to Wausau, Wisconsin, one of four children, whose father ran a tavern. It's all so interesting, and I am addicted!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784229-So-many-things-to-do